We don't see things are they are we see them as we are.
When my kids were in elementary school parents and kids were invited to hear a motivational speaker whose name I have long forgotten. This wise man said something that I never forgot.
He said that we should always remember these words: "If it is to be, it is up to me!"
Through the years, that one sentence has cropped up time and time again. My Gremlin has often rallied against it, hoping someone else would do it for me . . . that this book or this class or this guru would teach me how to live successfully in the world . . . that I could sit back and things would happen. One of my most important life learnings is that I have everything inside of me that I need to make my life work. I had it all the time. I just never knew it.
My friend Jane just got back from a week in the Bahamas and was telling me how the weather was unseasonably cool. She said that in the past she would have allowed the bad weather to ruin her week. Older and wiser now, she painted me a picture of how she made a decision to make it a wonderful week in spite of the weather. She put her whole self into enjoying the people, the food, the majesty of the wind, the beauty of the sky and the water. She described how a group of them took their umbrellas and made a shield against the wind as they sang and danced and ate. It was, she reported, one of her more memorable vacations. I smiled to myself as I pictured them creating memories in the wind.
It occurred to me as she spoke that it was if Jane took out a magic wand that she never knew she owned. She took it out and said "Abracadabra! I am going to change my thoughts, my attitudes, and my actions. I am going to enjoy what is here to enjoy! Embrace the mysteries of life! Reach for the joy all around me!"
I thought about Jane's story all day as I contemplated my life and my business. If I forget that I have a magic wand, I am like a boat that is tossed and turned by every wind.
When I open to the truth that magic is mine for the asking I stop asking, "Who do you think you are?" and say instead, "Look out world, here I come!" I stop comparing myself to anybody else and instead focus on my unique offerings. I begin to choose my thoughts and to live fully in my joy. I find that when my mind embraces my unique magnificence, the red carpet is rolled out for me as I say, "TA-DA!" Synchronicities appear! Chance meetings and wonderful opportunities present themselves as if by magic!
Magic is everywhere, my friends. Magic is what turns houses into homes, carrots into carrot soufflés, eggs into omelets, crises into opportunities, meals into banquets, words into poetry, acquaintances into friends, snow days into memories, teachers into mentors, work into joy and passion, ordinary moments into miracles.
Call to Action
- In what areas of your life you can bring more magic to?
- Set your intention everyday to live in ways that make your life more magical.
- Keep your focus on the positives aspects of everything.
- As you open up to being more charge of your thoughts and actions and having more positive thoughts take note of the miracles and synchronicities that appear.
- If you have trouble finding and using the magic within you, use energy techniques like Emotional Freedom Techniques to move beyond the blocks that hold you back from living in your full magnificence.
- I am open to finding miracles everywhere.
- I choose my thoughts and actions.
- My thoughts create my world and I create a magnificent world.
- I am tapped in, tuned in, turned on!
- The whole universe is cheering me on and supporting my every choice.
- Every day and every way, I am getting better and better.
- I find joy everywhere I go!